“With a heightened sense of responsibility and enthusiasm and with the certification of AG ADVENT POSI SHIELD, Electra Hotels & Resorts announces the reopening of Electra Athens on June 1, of Electra Metropolis on June 18, of Electra Thessaloniki on July 10 and of Electra Palace Rhodes on July 18,” the hotel’s management said in an announcement.
The dates for the reopening of the rest of the Electra hotels in Athens and Rhodes are expected to be announced soon.
The reopening of the chain’s hotels will take place with the following adjustments:
• Deep cleaning of all areas.
• Intensification of cleaning and disinfection frequency. Especially, in points that are touched frequently, restaurant and bar areas are included.
• Intensification of cleaning and disinfection in ventilation and air conditioning filters.
• Natural and intensive ventilation in all areas.
• More regular cleaning and disinfection of toilets (and its equipment) of guests and staff, with appropriate chemicals.
• Use of wipes or spray with disinfectant and microfiber cloths with color separation, which are washed properly and regularly. For fabric items (seats) steam cleaning after each use.
• Dispenser with hand sanitizer (63-70% alcohol) are placed in key places for guests.
2. Personal Hygiene and Health
• Training of all staff in preventive measures, personal hygiene and the new way of working. Certificate of participation in the training to all employees.
• Checking the validity of health certificates of all staff.
• Use gloves & mask with different color. Frequent change of these in an obvious way to our guests.
• Permanent cooperation with a Private Healthcare System for the provision of health services.
• Dispensers with hand sanitizer (63-70% alcohol) are placed in the workplace of all staff.
• Training the staff for recognition and management of Covid-19 case based on Health Protocols.
• Contactless check-in & check-out is provided and recommended.
3. Keeping Distances
• Floor marking for keeping distances in both common areas and workplaces.
• Marking distances in restaurants, bars and swimming pools.
• Digital information is provided for the smooth flow of visitors to public areas with the defined distances of Health Protocols.
4. Food Safety
• Placing sneeze guards in restaurants. All food will be protected according to Health Protocols.
• Cleaning and disinfection of all kitchen, restaurant and bar equipment.
• Control of stored foods.
• HACCP Certification.
5. Continuous information and compliance with Health Protocols
Electra Hotels & Resorts Group closely monitoring and complying with the new directives of the Health Protocols.
Established in 1965, Electra Hotels & Resorts opened its first hotel, the Electra Hotel Athens, on Ermou Street. In 1972, the group opened the doors of the Electra Palace Thessaloniki on Aristotelous Square and one year later the opening of the Electra Palace Athens in Plaka followed. In 1975 the group opened the Electra Palace Rhodes and then the Electra Metropolis Athens in September 2016, located very close to Syntagma Square.