The three-star hotel is working to ensure that it meets the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning and is sharing the steps it is taking to keep guests and employees safe and healthy in the midst of Covid-19.
The hotel already has a long experience in maintaining health and safety management systems, as it is certified under ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
“We are preparing Kriti Hotel to meet all the operating standards specified in the new protocols set by the Greek state and to receive the new certification badge for tourism enterprises in Greece, known as Health First,” the hotel’s management said in an announcement.
Following are some of the new operating standards of Kriti Hotel:
1. Disinfection especially for Covid-19 with the procedure of nebulization in the rooms after each departure of guests.
2. Installation of a protective divider on the front desk.
3. Adjustments at the breakfast buffet with the addition of protective dividers and avoiding direct customer access to the food and beverages.
4. Continuous disinfection of all guest and staff high contact areas throughout the hotel.
5. Availability of antiseptics in all areas required within the hotel.
6. All staff is equipped with personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, masks, waterproof robes).
7. Minimize transactions that require contact with the customer and adopt new ways of contactless transactions (e.g. Web Checkin, e-receipt, etc.).
8. Complete and continuous training of all staff members, as well as, monitoring continuous updates on the latest developments regarding Covid-19 and new corresponding actions.
9. Adequate special signage to maintain distances between customers and staff in the required areas (social distancing).
10. Other similar actions required or recommended by the above hotel operating protocol.
Recently renovated, the Kriti Hotel is located in the center of Chania town, just a stone’s throw away from the Venetian Harbor and features 84 comfortable and stylish rooms, a wide range of facilities and amenities.