The hotel remained closed during the COVID-19 lockdown and its management proceeded with changes and upgrades to its facilities: all public spaces were redecorated and fully repainted while plexiglass dividers were placed at the front desk of the reception area.
The following measures aim to provide travelers with a safe and carefree stay according to the highest hygiene standards:
• The hotel has disinfected all areas as a precaution measure against COVID-19; applied the government’s measures for the tourism sector as well as all the required health and safety protocols for its operation,
• A consultant has been selected to develop a health plan that will be certified by external auditors. The consultant will also create emergency plans and hygiene protocols, and set up a crisis management team that will deal with possible COVID-19 cases,
• The management will frequently convene to evaluate the situation and immediately take decisions when required,
• The hotel’s staff has been trained accordingly to follow the health protocols of the post-COVID-19 era,
• Hotel cleanliness has been rated with 9.7/10 by OTAs,
• Check in and check out is quick and effective, with no crowding expected at any time of the day,
• Fast check-out will be possible over the phone. Before departing, customers will be able to receive a printed copy of their bill. This process reduces the time spent at the reception area, as customers proceed to the reception only for payment,
• Hotel management, encourages payments with the use of credit cards,
• Social Distancing: All hotel employees will work within a distance of 1.5 – 2 meters from each other. The same applies for guests,
• Entrance is forbidden to individuals that are not guests and do not belong to the hotel’s staff,
• Restaurant capacity has been significantly reduced. The tables have been placed at a minimum distance of 2 meters from one another,
• Opening hours of restaurants and other hotel services have been extended.
The Elektra Hotel & Spa offers 32 rooms combining luxury and modern comfort with stunning views to the Messinian bay. It is open all year round.