AEGEAN Takes Off with Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
Greek airline company AEGEAN on Monday announced enhanced health and safety measures on all domestic and international flights, in accordance with the new travel protocols and hygiene procedures for air transport recently announced for flying in the post-Covid-19 period.
Underlining that its absolute priority is the health and safety of passengers and employees, the company said that it has modified procedures for boarding, aircraft access and inflight service, while in line with the protocols for cleaning and disinfecting of aircraft.
According to AEGEAN’s new measures:
– The use of a face mask has become mandatory for both passengers and crew.
– Only one item is permitted in the cabin of the aircraft, either a personal item (women’s/men’s handbag or thin laptop case) or a carry on up to 8kg.
– 3 rows of seats will be kept vacant in case there is a need to isolate a passenger with potential coronavirus symptoms.
– To avoid queuing or any other unnecessary contact, special dividers have been placed in ticket offices and check in counters.
– Passengers are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all electronic and contactless services, before and during their flight.
– During boarding, a “touch-free-policy” is applied, thus passengers are asked to contactless indicate their travel documents and self-scan their boarding pass.
AEGEAN said it has increased standard aircraft cleaning procedures in between all its flights, in all stations in Greece and abroad, both during the day and after the completion of flights at night. On average, the cleaning effort is now doubled, the company said.
The air recycling system on board aircraft is equipped with HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestors) filters, capturing more than 99 percent of even microscopic bacteria and viruses, and cabin air is being renewed following the highest standards.
“The new processes, along with the application of personal hygiene practices by all, are considered necessary to safeguard the health and safety of both passengers and crew, to progressively restore air transport services and also to maintain the positive results, Greece has achieved for the control of the Covid-19 outbreak,” AEGEAN said.
For more information, visit AEGEAN’s dedicated section “Together, with Care” at www.aegeanair.com and www.olympicair.com.