ANEK Lines recently restarted its Piraeus – Crete routes and promises travellers a safe ferry journey in accordance will the measures announced by the Greek Maritime Ministry for the safe operation of coastal shipping vessels during the post-Covid-19 period.
ANEK’s prevention plan starts before departure and aims to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, as well as identify possible cases:
- The company’s vessels include all the necessary equipment to frequently disinfect all areas.
- All passengers are obliged to fill out a health declaration questionnaire before boarding that is available at travel agencies and on ANEK’s website www.anek.gr.
- To avoid overcrowding and facilitate the boarding process, passengers are advised to arrive on time (one hour before departure).
- The use of masks by passengers and crew members is mandatory in all indoor and outdoor areas during the trip.
- Passengers must maintain a distance of 1.5 meters between each other during boarding and disembarkation, as well as during the trip. It is also recommended that they thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-antiseptic solution that is available in all public areas and frequently renewed.
- Only one passenger is allowed per cabin or up to four passengers per family. A person with special needs is allowed to be accompanied by one person.
- Seating in airplane-type seats is allowed according to a special layout as passengers must maintain distances. For every occupied seat, ANEK leaves one adjunct seat empty.
- The company’s passenger service points – bars, restaurants, dining rooms – operate in line with the rules announced (for restaurants) and include physical distancing measures.
- Passengers are regularly informed about the measures with TV spots, audio messages and printed material of the National Public Health Organization (EODY) provided on board.
- If a passenger develops respiratory symptoms during the trip, he/she must directly contact the company’s crew.
ANEK’s crew has undergone special training. The company also ensures that all ships are properly disinfected, ventilated and air conditioned.
“During this unprecedented circumstance and with respect to passengers, ANEK continues to monitor the situation and update all procedures during its itineraries,” the company said.
The current measures will be in effect until June 15. The Greek Maritime Ministry will re-evaluate the situation and proceed with further announcements.