WTM Portfolio has launched the WTM Global Hub, a new online portal that aims to connect and support travel industry professionals around the world.
The resource hub offers the latest guidance and knowledge to help exhibitors, buyers and others in the travel industry face the challenges of the global coronavirus pandemic.
WTM Portfolio – the parent brand for WTM London, WTM Latin America, Arabian Travel Market, WTM Africa, Travel Forward and other key travel trade events – is tapping into its global network of experts to create content for the hub.
The platform will be regularly updated to deal with the evolving demands of the pandemic and to share ideas about preparing for recovery.
“Our annual events connect 110,000 industry professionals from 182 countries, offering unrivalled commercial opportunities and business insights. We’ve always augmented our face-to-face events with valuable online resources throughout the year, and now we’re ramping up that support with WTM Global Hub,” said WTM Portfolio Director Claude Blanc.
One of the hub’s first highlights will be a webinar from Oxford Economics scheduled to take place on April 28.
A second webinar will host British travel journalist Simon Calder, while a third webinar will present Nick Hall, from the Digital Tourism Think Tank.
The WTM Global Hub will feature seven sections:
- Virtual Events – interactive webinars offering essential advice to help travel businesses cope with the current crisis and thrive in the future,
- Podcasts – expert-led discussions with insights to guide travel professionals through these times,
- On-Demand – a library of videos from industry speakers and professionals, offering information and inspiration,
- Blogs – must-read articles with updates and trends from key industry professionals and experts,
- Responsible Tourism – this section will be updated with reports from the responsible and sustainable travel sector,
- Travel Technology – keep abreast of developments in this rapidly changing arena,
- Your Travel Community – a place to share positive news from travel professionals about how they are supporting the industry and others around the world.
WTM Global Hub can be found at https://hub.wtm.com/.
World Travel Market (WTM) Portfolio comprises nine leading international travel events including WTM London which will be held from November 2-4, 2020.