Sommet Education Rebrands Celebrity Chef Alain Ducasse’s Culinary Schools
Sommet Education, a Swiss education group specialising in hospitality management, has rebranded Ducasse Education, the network of world-renowned schools by celebrity chef Alain Ducasse. Sommet Education became the majority shareholder of Ducasse Education alongside Ducasse Développement in June 2019.
Ducasse Education is now known as École Ducasse and its rebranding is part of a joint action plan announced by Benoît-Etienne Domenget, CEO of Sommet Education and President of Ducasse Education, together with Alain Ducasse, Founder of Ducasse Education and President of Ducasse Développement.
According to an announcement, the aim of the joint action plan is to establish École Ducasse as a global benchmark for culinary and pastry arts training.
This action plan includes the creation of the École Ducasse brand, an enriched portfolio of programs, a new campus and the appointment of a new managing director.
The new École Ducasse brand has been created to offer a broad range of programs, responding to an international demand.
The École Ducasse brand today consists of three schools:
– École Ducasse – Paris Studio: a unique space in the heart of the 16th arrondissement that offers four kitchens dedicated to food lovers and corporate events.
– École Ducasse – École Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie: located in Yssingeaux in the Haute-Loire region in France and regarded as a benchmark for over 30 years in the fields of pastry, bakery, chocolate, confectionery and ice-cream making.
– École Ducasse – Paris Campus: an exceptional new campus in Meudon specializing in culinary arts which will welcome students from September 2020.
The team will be led by Elise Masurel, who is joining École Ducasse as Managing Director. “Her hospitality sector experience, customer journey and digital expertise, acquired at Club Med and Klépierre, combined with her international environment knowledge will enable the new École Ducasse brand to achieve its full potential,” Sommet Education says.
The following four types of programs are available at École Ducasse:
– “Essential” programs: Intensive two-month programs designed for people who are passionate about cooking and pastry, as well as career changers and entrepreneurs.
– “Bachelor” programs: Three-year undergraduate programs in culinary and pastry arts, combining practical, managerial and entrepreneurial skills, for students seeking a career in the hotel and restaurant industry, the Food & Beverage sector and pastry-making. These are unique programs, sponsored by renowned chefs such as Romain Meder and Jessica Préalpato.
– “Diploma” programs: These intensive two-, four- or six-month programs are aimed at people who are passionate about cooking and pastry-making, people seeking a change of career, entrepreneurs and all those who wish to work in the world of gastronomy, and rely on the best experts in their field: Meilleurs Ouvriers de France, international champions, renowned chefs and pastry chefs, craftsmen, hospitality experts…
– “Signature” programs: Two unique and exclusive eight-month English immersion programs, designed specifically for people who are looking to grow in their positions, change careers or young professionals seeking to embark on a career as a chef or a culinary project.
Short Courses and immersive experiences are also available for food enthusiasts willing to explore gastronomy and cuisine.
By partnering with École Ducasse, Sommet Education is expanding its educational offer and the range of courses available, dedicated to providing the best education in hospitality management. Sommet Education has the Glion and Les Roches educational institutions, which include six campuses in Switzerland, UK, Spain and China.