connect with us
Greece's latest tourism industry news by Greek Travel Pages (gtp)

Applications Open for Thessaloniki’s School for Tourist Guides

Photo Source: European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (FEG)

Photo Source: European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (FEG)

Applications for enrollment in the Tourist Guide School of Thessaloniki will open on October 14, the Greek Tourism Ministry announced on Thursday.

The school is launching operations in Greece’s northern port city after remaining closed for 10 years.

“Thessaloniki will now have an upgraded school for tourist guides, which will train competent, highly-qualified professionals,” Deputy Tourism Minister Manos Konsolas said after signing the decision for the school’s opening.

Greek Deputy Tourism Minister Manos Konsolas.

Greek Deputy Tourism Minister Manos Konsolas.

The Tourist Guide School of Thessaloniki will accept 40 students for the 2019-2020 academic year. The duration of studies is two years.

“This is just the beginning… Our goal is to totally revamp tourism education in Greece,” he added.

According to the ministry, 70 percent of positions will be covered by general/vocational lyceum graduates and the remaining 30 percent by higher education graduates.

Enrollment information

Photo Source: European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (FEG)

Applicants must be of Greek citizenship and must have graduated from a Greek Lyceum or a Greek higher education institute.

All candidates must hold a C2-level certificate of at least one foreign language, apart from Greek.

The deadline for the submission of applications and necessary documents is October 18.

About the Author
This is the team byline for GTP. The copyrights for these articles are owned by GTP. They may not be redistributed without the permission of the owner.

Add your comment

*