Amadeus recently launched a new enhanced version of its flagship Web Services solution called Amadeus Travel API, which gives airlines greater offer differentiation and travel agencies access to more content and functionality.
An NDC-enabled solution, the Amadeus Travel API gives travel agencies worldwide access to new content and fares from Amadeus’ airline driver customers via an NDC connectivity.
“The move reflects Amadeus’ ongoing commitment to driving NDC forward through its NDC [X] program and will help airlines and travel agencies deliver more personalized and differentiated travel experiences,” the company said in an announcement.
The solution, which integrates with travel agencies’ existing systems and allows them to build their own customized travel booking applications, will be rolled out globally on a gradual basis.
Early adopters of the solution include AERTiCKET, American Express Global Business Travel, BCD Travel, House of Travel, and integrated tourism group TUI.
According to Amadeus, the solution will offer greater functionality for its travel agency customers in the following ways:
– Access to new airline content and fares via an NDC connectivity, alongside content from traditional technology such as EDIFACT, and other APIs. NDC is an integral part of the Amadeus Travel Platform – a platform which brings together all travel content from multiple sources in one place, allowing travel agencies to easily search for offers.
– Simplified workflow of shop, order, pay, ensuring a smoother experience which mirrors the consumer journey.
– Cross-sell of ancillary services and up-sell of branded fares.
– Change and cancellation functionalities to include refund, void or exchange options.
– Acceptance of both credit card and cash payments with integrated reconciliation to mid and back office technology, ensuring NDC bookings are fully integrated in the down-stream processes of agencies.
– Optimized to work across multiple interfaces so customers have the flexibility to start a booking on a mobile device and can choose to finish the booking on a desktop, or vice-versa.
“The launch of the Amadeus Travel API marks the global deployment phase of its NDC-enabled solutions for its travel agency customers,” the company said.
In the coming months, the company will also be launching the NDC-enabled version of its leading cloud-based travel agency solution, Amadeus Selling Platform Connect.