Travel experts from eight countries around the world will gather in the northern city of Thessaloniki, on October 7, for the FoodTreX Regional Food Travel Summit to discuss the benefits of gastronomy tourism in Greece.
Launched by the World Food Travel Association (WFTA), the FoodTreX series focuses on F&B and its connection with travel. The event in Greece is organized in cooperation with tourism marketing company Respond on Demand.
FoodTrex Thessaloniki will host 15 senior executives of tourism companies and organizations from Greece, the US, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Bulgaria, the UK and Singapore.
“Gastonomy tourism is rapidly growing and has attracted the interest of a large number of tourism and gastronomy professionals due to its endless potential and ability to bring even more tourists to Greece,” the organizers said.
Among the tourism professionals and experts that will participate in the FoodTrex are:
- Erik Wolf, founder & executive director, World Food Travel Association (WFTA)
- Maria Athanasopoulou, WFTA Ambassador in Greece & Organizer
- Lionel Chee, Licensed ATG Food Guide
- Anagha Godbole, Top 5 Masterchef India
- Hacer Aydin, Director, EMITT Tourism Exhibition
- Anna Petkova, Olive oil Expert & MedDiet Ambassador
- Giorgio Tosato, Founder, Italy Philoxenia Events
- Nick Naumov, Lecturer, University of Northampton
The FoodTreX Thessaloniki Regional Food Travel Summit will be held under the auspices of the Central Macedonia Region, whose tourism department will arrange tours for the participants to some of the area’s main tourism and gastronomy locations.
The summit’s official language is English.
The Greek Travel Pages (GTP) a communications sponsor of the FoodTreX Thessaloniki Regional Food Travel Summit.