Athens-based Mideast Travel Worldwide recently presented its new advertising campaign, as it celebrated 35 years of service in the Greek travel industry.
The presentation took place at a glitzy party at the Grand Hyatt Athens hotel and was attended by the ambassadors of Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Libya and Tunisia; Greek Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura; representatives of the Greek National Tourism Organization; and tourism professionals.
“Since 1983 and for more than 35 years, Mideast Travel has traveled a long journey, but full of adventures, full of knowledge. This journey, of course, has no end for us and we expect even more excitement and achievements,” said Katerina Mousbeh, Mideast’s managing director, during the event.
Mideast Travel Worldwide first opened its doors in 1983 when the Mousbeh family, of Greek-Syrian origin, decided to create a travel agency to cater to the needs of Arab tourists traveling to Greece. Once the company’s initial target was achieved, the family gradually added more markets, attained more partnerships, optimized the quality of services offered and thus expanded the company’s customer base. Today, Mideast is listed among the top travel providers in Greece.
“We are convinced that our 35-year journey would not be the same without the contribution of our valuable associates and the 60-member ‘family’ of Mideast. Our ‘family’ is our ‘heroes’ and for this reason our new campaign is aimed to be a creative reflection of our dedication over the years,” Mousbeh added.
‘Meet the Heroes’ – Mideast Travel campaign
Titled “Meet the Heroes”, the new campaign adopts a fresh approach to the market and introduces each of Mideast Travel’s services – Business & Leisure Travel, Destination Management, MICE, Concierge, Weddings & Events, Fast Transfer, Online B2B Booking System – through seven different “masked” heroes, each representing a Mideast Travel service pillar.
The names of Mideast’s “heroes” are inspired by ancient Greek history and mythology, emphasizing the service they represent.
– Iris, the travel advisor for Business & Leisure Travel, is inspired by the deity that represents the rainbow, the sea and the sky.
– Odysseus, from Mideast’s award-winning Destination Management department, is inspired by the legendary hero known for his travels and leadership skills.
– Nike, the deity of speed, power and victory, is Mideast’s ideal representative of the MICE division.
– Harmonia, inspired by the deity of harmony and unity, represents Mideast’s Concierge department.
– Erato, named after the muse of poetry of love, is Mideast’s representative that organizes Weddings & Events.
– Hermes, named after the god of trade and travelers, is Mideast’s representative of fast Τransfer at any given time with the company’s high quality fleet.
– Heracles, known as the strongest man on earth, represents Mideast’s online B2B booking system The Booking Expert.
With a vision of being “the ideal travel company, trusted by every traveler and tourism industry professional”, Mideast Travel has been honored by the World Travel Awards as “World’s Leading Destination Management Company (DMC)”, “Europe’s Leading DMC” and four years in a row as “Greece’s Leading DMC”.
Mideast Travel offers its services worldwide from its head office in Athens as well as from its branches in Istanbul and on Mykonos.