Tourism and gastronomy opinion leaders from Greece and abroad, on the occasion of World Tourism Day on September 27, will gather in the northern city of Alexandroupolis, to share their experience and knowhow during the International Gastronomy Tourism Workshop.
Titled, “Food Tourism: A piece of cake?”, the event is organized by tourism experts Respond on Demand and Top Tourism, in collaboration with Ramada Plaza Thraki Hotel & Spa, under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Tourism and the World Food Travel Association.
Tourism executives, travel agents, chefs, students, journalists and bloggers will come from Italy, the UK, the US, Poland, Turkey, Ireland and Spain to participate in the event.
The topics to be discussed include:
– Local Communities & Food Travel: Why it matters,
– The Mediterranean identity: Food, wine and EVO as tourism experiences,
– Why over 3 million Brits avoid spending money in Greece,
– Are millennials ready?
– The evaluation of gastronomy tourism in Turkey,
– Definition and history of gastronomy tourism in Europe and other continents.
In addition, representatives of companies active in the food and beverages sector will present their success stories, products and services.
The workshop will be held at the Ramada Plaza Thraki Hotel & Spa. For more information press here.
The Greek Travel Pages (GTP) is a media sponsor of the event.