The World Travel Market (WTM) London is once again preparing to host the World Responsible Tourism Awards 2018, one of the tourism industry’s longest running events.
Applications are open to all professionals, no matter how small or large their organization is, as long as they have a remarkable story to share on how tourism can make the world better.
Applications are now open and will last until August 6.
The awards ceremony will be held during WTM London 2018 in November.
As a leading global event for the travel industry, WTM London has championed the cause of responsible tourism. The annual WTM Responsible Tourism Awards will celebrate the best of travel across five categories:
- The Best for Managing Success category looks for destinations that are coping with the demands of so called ‘Overtourism’,
- Best for Communicating Responsible Tourism seeks to recognize either a campaign by company or organization that has raised awareness on an issue, or a marketing campaign using the aspirations of responsible tourism,
- The Best for Employment Conditions award will be given to the company leading the way to ensure quality work for its staff,
- Best for Local Economic Benefit is for ensuring best practice in benefiting the local economy through employment and local sourcing,
- The Best for Wildlife award will be given to the company or organization which uses tourism to improve the conservation of species and/or animal welfare in the wild.
The judges for this year’s awards are leaders in the tourism and sustainability sectors. Headed by Chair of Judges Professor Harold Goodwin, the judging committee includes, among others, Ian Corbett, Sustainable Business Manager for TUI UK & Ireland; Simon Press, Senior Exhibition Director WTM London; BBC journalist Tanya Beckett and David Ville, Group Sustainability Manager of Thomas Cook Group.
For more information visit the WTM website here.
The Greek Travel Pages (GTP) is an official media partner of WTM London 2018.