Aiming to offer unique experiences onboard its ships and on land, Royal Caribbean International recently unveiled its plans to turn its private island CocoCay in the Bahamas to an exclusive destination for people of all ages.
“We are introducing the Perfect Day Island Collection to ensure that we deliver the most memorable vacation for adventure-seekers on land, as well as onboard our ships,” Royal Caribbean International President and CEO Michael Bayley said in an announcement.
“Every new ship is a technological marvel offering a plethora of unrivaled experiences. Our destinations are an equally important part of our vision for cruise travel,” he added.
The Perfect Day at CocoCay experience includes among others:
– The Thrill Waterpark which is located in heart of CocoCay and offers 13 waterslides,
– The Daredevil’s Tower with seven impressive waterslides and the 40-meter Daredevil’s Peak – the tallest waterslide in North America,
– The Family Tower, which includes six mulit-ride waterslides,
– The Adventure Pool for kiddies,
– The Oasis Lagoon, the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean,
– The Up, Up and Away, a helium balloon ride to 140 meters for the highest view in the Bahamas
– The Chill Island, offering crystal clear waters, sandy beaches, private cabanas and the Chill Grill, the island’s largest restaurant,
– The South Beach with football, volleyball, basketball and kayak facilities,
– The Coco Beach Club which consists of luxury cabanas,
– Captain Jack’s, the ideal place to have a cool drink and chicken wings,
– The Skipper’s Grill which serves burghers, sandwiches, tacos and salads.
The CocoCay enhancements will roll out in phases, beginning November 2018, with the completion of a new pier. The rest will launch by November 2019.
The other components of the Perfect Day Island Collection – including destinations in Asia, Australia and elsewhere in the Caribbean – will be announced later.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is an award-winning company with 47 years of experience in the premium cruise market. Its exclusive agent in Greece is Navigator Travel.