In its fifth year, the awards recognize excellence and innovation in the hospitality and tourism industries. Minoan Lines was honored with three gold and three silver awards, as well as a bronze award:
- Gold award in the Travel / Reward Programs category for the Minoan Lines Bonus Club, the pioneering flexible customer loyalty program, which in its 13th year of operation counts 300,000 registered members from all over the world.
- Gold award in the Sustainability / Sustainable Energy Management category for reducing the energy footprint of the company’s vessels and protecting the environment.
- Gold Award in the Digital Tourism / Video Content category for the integrated online digital campaign titled “Away with the Müllers”.
- Silver award in the Digital Tourism / Digital Presence & Online Communication category for the company’s online strategy and communication.
- Silver Award in the Digital Tourism category for the integrated digital SEO/SEM strategy.
- Silver Award in the Branding / Public Relations / People Strategy category for the company’s support to local communities and its corporate social responsibility activities.
- Bronze Award in the Digital Tourism category for the integrated social media strategy.
“The awards confirm the constant efforts of Minoan Lines’ management and personnel on land and at sea, to upgrade maritime transport in Greece and respect the environment, as well as the continuous care for the community, the society and the passengers traveling with the state-of-the-art fleet of the company,” the company said in an announcement.
The Tourism Awards 2018 ceremony took place in the presence of more than 700 senior tourism executives, under the auspices of the Tourism Ministry and the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO).
Greek Travel Pages was among the communication sponsors of the event.