Paros Aims to Extend Tourism Season Through New Campaign
Aiming to promote Paros’ tourism offerings and extend the summer season, the island’s municipal authorities recently announced the launch of a new campaign through innovative technology tools and digital media.
“Our aim for the current year is for the season to begin a week before Orthodox Easter (in early April) and to last until October 15, as tourist arrivals progressively increase,” Paros Deputy Mayor Christos Christoforos said in an announcement.
The municipality’s program for 2018 foresees its participation in 18 tourism exhibitions, as well as special promotional activities, which consist of:
- A campaign, which will run in digital media under a promo hashtag.
- The design of a “digital ecosystem” for the promotion of the experiences the island offers. The digital ecosystem will enable partners to share digital platforms for a mutually beneficial purpose.
- The creation of social media channels for every form of tourism offered on the island with short videos in English and Greek.
- The creation of a yearly events calendar for the promotion of Paros’ annual activities and its link with existing online ticket and hotel booking systems.
- The promotion of local enterprises that operate all year round through a special campaign.
- The creation of a virtual tour of Paros, which will be presented in exhibitions in Greece and abroad.
The municipality also plans to organize fam and press trips for tour operators and journalists from abroad. Furthermore, new B2B meetings for local professionals with industry key players will be arranged at tourism and travel exhibitions.
Paros’ new promotional campaign was compiled in collaboration with the municipality’s consulting agency and was presented by Deputy Mayor Christos Christoforos to the Municipal Council.