connect with us
Greece's latest tourism industry news by Greek Travel Pages (gtp)

‘Travelport Exclusive Rates’ Now Available in 1,000 Hotels in 48 Countries

Travel commerce platform Travelport on Thursday announced the first 1,000 hotels offering Travelport negotiated corporate-friendly rates to the company’s corporate travel agency customers. Located in 48 countries, participating hotels in the Travelport Exclusive Rates program will offer negotiated rates with at least one element exclusive to the Travelport Travel Commerce Platform.

These offers are negotiated directly by Travelport with the hotel, providing agencies that may not be able to negotiate beneficial rates themselves the benefit of Travelport’s scale.

Accessed via its industry leading point of sale tool, Travelport Smartpoint, Travelport Exclusive Rates can be found directly in the agent workflow, thereby saving time and increasing efficiency. With a focus on areas corporate travelers are most likely to travel to, primarily the main European cities, the program is the only such hotel offer available through a global distribution system and includes four and five star hotels in Europe, Asia, the USA, Africa and Latin America.

“We’re delighted to offer this unique program to our customers,” Niklas Andreen, Vice President and Managing Director, Global Hospitality and Digital at Travelport, said. “It’s a real timesaver for agents… It will help them increase attachment rates and stay competitive by always offering the best rates available to travellers.”

Real-time Rates and Last Room Availability

According to an announcement, when manually searching hotels and also using Travelport’s rate audit tool, Travelport Exclusive Rates have been found to be less expensive and contain more exclusive elements, such as included breakfast or more favourable cancellation terms, in 80 percent of cases. In the other 20 percent of the searches, the hotel offered an enhanced agency commission or other benefit to the traveller.

“Participating in the Travelport Exclusive Rate program has not only enabled us to widen our scope of distribution, it has also facilitated in shifting some of the advance OTA bookings to more profitable corporate business,” Natalie Griffiths, Revenue & Systems Manager at Corus & Laura Ashley Hotels, said.

Travelport Exclusive Rates are available to B2B agencies on Travelport Apollo, Travelport Galileo, and Travelport Worldspan, and through a variety of Travelport point-of-sale products including Travelport Smartpoint and Travelport uAPI by adding the rate access code 4TM to a hotel search.

Follow GTP Headlines on Google News to keep up to date with all the latest on tourism and travel in Greece.
About the Author
This is the team byline for GTP. The copyrights for these articles are owned by GTP. They may not be redistributed without the permission of the owner.

Add your comment

*