“History, art and design will be celebrated in their many forms, and disciplines, at new institutions from Paris to Los Angeles and London to Cape Town”, the British newspaper says.
Located in the old Fix brewery on Kallirrois Avenue and Amvrosiou Frantzi Street in Athens, the EMST inaugurated the temporary exhibition space with the show “Urgent Conversations: Athens–Antwerp”. The museum’s permanent collection is expected to be unveiled in autumn 2017, when the museum is expected to open in its entirety.
“The reconstruction of EMST has been quite a tale, with over a decade financial and bureaucratic setbacks”, The Guardian mentions.
Top 10 new museum openings in 2017
1. Museum Barberini, Potsdam, Germany
2. Zeitz MOCAA, Cape Town
3. National Museum of Contemporary Art (EMST), Athens
4. Museum MACAN, Jakarta, Indonesia
5. Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
6. Victoria & Albert Museum, London
7. Design Society, Shēnzhèn, China
8. Museum of the American Revolution, Philadelphia
9. Musées Yves Saint Laurent, Paris and Marrakech
10. Louvre Abu Dhabi, UAE