Travelife, one of the world’s leading sustainability certification schemes for tourism companies, will organise a workshop for DMC’s and travel agents in Crete in June.
The aim of the two-day training seminar is to offer DMC’s and travel agents more insight on sustainability in tourism.
At the end of the seminar, DMC’s will be able to:
– Understand the concept of sustainability in tourism;
– Recognize the key environmental, social and economic impacts of tourism;
– Identify the types of actions travel agents can take in the field of transport; accommodation, excursions and customer communication;
– Identify quick wins for their own business and for their suppliers;
– Set realistic sustainability targets and identify methods of measuring success;
– Identify personal sustainability USP’s (Unique Selling Points);
– Communicate sustainability achievements in an effective way;
– How to use sustainability to create more business.
All participants can obtain a Travelife award in 2016. Companies that achieve Travelife Partner status in 2016, will be awarded in a special event at the “Vakantiebeurs” in The Netherlands, January 2017.
The seminar for DMC’s and travel agents will take place in Hotel Apollonia in Ammoudara, Heraklion, on 20 & 21 June.
For more information and registration click here.