In its second year, the Tourism Awards will once again seek to identify, highlight and reward excellence across the tourism industry in Greece.
The 10 main award categories are: Strategy and Innovation, Customer Experience, Specialty Offering, Gastronomy, Facilities & Architecture, Digital & Social Marketing, Travel & Transportation, Branding – Public Relations & People Strategy, Technology and Sustainability & Operations.
Organizers Boussias Communications and Hotel & Restaurant magazine recently announced the professionals who will form the judging committee.
The finalized Tourism Awards 2015 judging committee is the following:
- Nikos Skoulas – Former Tourism Minister, Chairman of the judging committee
- Yiannis Boutaris – Thessaloniki Mayor
- Maya Tsokli – Journalist
- Yiannis Tseklenis – Designer
- Τheodore S. Benetatos – Head of Graduate Programs for Hotel & Tourism Management, Switzerland IMI University Centre
- Dr Dimitrios Diamantis – ΜΒΑ Programme Manager, Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
- Peter Economides – Brand Strategist – President, Felix BNI
- Konstantinos Lazarakis – Master of Wine – Wine Consultant
- Maria Lekakou – Associate Professor, Department of Shipping and Business Services, University of the Aegean
- Maria Maraka – Tourism Specialist
- Miltos Karoubas, Executive Chef, Chef’s Club President
- Konstantinos Stefanakidis, Director, Organization of Tourism Education and Training (OTEK) in Anavyssos
- Virginia Karaouza – Guest Service Excellence Consultant, Executive Chef at Ajman Saray A Luxury Collection Resort at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc UAE
- Pericles Lytras – Tourism Professor, Deputy Chairman Of TEI Athens
- Serafim Hatziskakis – Coordination Officer for Green Key program, Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature
- Kostas Mantzios, Economist, MBA, Director General of the Hellenic Institute of Hospitality Professionals’ Accreditation
The judging committee will evaluate projects and practices that are known throughout the industry for their excellence, innovation, quality, return on investment and strategic importance.
Press here for participation terms and award categories (in Greek).
The Tourism Awards are held under the auspices of the Greek National Tourism Organization.
GTP is among the main communication sponsors of the event.