The Greek Tourism Expo 2014 will focus on promoting all forms of tourism offered in Greece, including maritime tourism, city break tourism, winter tourism and culture tourism, aiming to surpass the country’s renowned “sea and sun” product.
Greek Tourism Minister Olga Kefalogianni will inaugurate the exhibition on the first day of the expo, 5 December, at 7pm.
Many Greek ministers and heads of tourism associations and federations are expected to attend the inauguration such as Miltiadis Varvitsiotis, shipping minister; Kostas Skrekas, development minister; Kostas Tasoulas, culture minister; Christos Pallis, president of the Greek National Tourism Organization; Andreas Andreadis, president of the Greek Tourism Confederation (SETE); Yiorgos Tsakiris, president of the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels; Yiannis Retsos, president of the Hellenic Hotel Federation; and Alexandros Vassilikos, president of the Athens-Attica & Argosaronic Hotel Association.
The exhibition’s program includes many important side events focused on issues concerning the Greek tourism industry.
– SETE Workshop, Friday 5 December (14:30-19:00) – SETE will hold a workshop on “Tourism: Development-Employment, obstacles and threats”
– Greek Ports & Cruise Ships Forum, Saturday 6 December (10:00-14:00) – The opportunities, dynamics and importance of cruise tourism for Greece will be presented.
– 1st International Meeting of Chambers, Saturday 6 December (13:30-20:00) – Senior executives of Chambers (Industrial, Commercial and Vocational) from Greece and abroad will participate to highlight the challenges and the problems and propose solutions for the further development of the tourism market.
– 2nd Digi.travel Conference, Friday 6 December -Saturday 7 December (10:00) – The second edition of the Digi.Travel conference will host a number of international speakers who will analyze the trends of the electronic environment in travel and tourism.
– EYCLUB Conference “Health without borders”, Sunday 7 December (10:00) – Representatives of leading insurance companies abroad and renowned tourism enterprises will attend the conference. Comprehensive proposals-solutions that meet the medical needs of visitors to Greece will be presented.
The first Greek Tourism Expo international fair is organized by Leader Expo-Leadertech.
The expo will run until 7 December.
Entrance to the expo is free of charge. Online registration.
The organizer is also providing shuttle buses (free of charge) from the metro station Douk. Plakentias. Parking at the Metropolitan Expo will also be free of charge.
GTP is a main communication partner for the Greek Tourism Expo 2014.