The Huffington Post provides a list of Europe’s “secret nudie paradises” for all those travelers who prefer to swim in the buff.
On the Red Beach in Matala, the news site notes: “Hand-painted signs and a rocky hike lead to this ‘little heaven’ on the Greek island of Crete. Once at Red Beach, you’ll find a makeshift coffee shop, umbrellas for rent, and scores of the jolly Greek nudists you’ve always dreamed of befriending.”
Red Beach is located 68 km southwest of Heraklio.
The seven most secret nude beaches in Europe where you can just drop your pants and take a splash are the following:
- Playa de los Muertos, Almeria, Spain
- Spiaggia di Guvano, Cinque Terre, Italy
- Kordovan Beach, Jerolim, Croatia
- Wild Pear Beach, Devon, England
- CHM Montalivet resort, Vendays-Montalivet, France
- Red Beach, Crete, Greece
- Adegas Beach, Odeceixe, Portugal