“Air Transport News honors for the third consecutive year the leader companies in the major categories of the air transport industry elected based on a democratic procedure. I want to congratulate all the winners for their achievement,” the managing director of Air Transport News, Dr Kostas Iatrou, said.
The Air Transport News Awards are the only international prizes that honor all main categories of the air transport industry.
Winners were chosen by a combination of more than 4,200 votes from Air Transport News readers and the verdict of a jury of internationally known industry experts. The jury, many of whom hold executive positions in the air transport industry, carefully examined the profile of each of the finalists in each of the 14 categories before reaching its final verdict.
In particular, the winners by category are as follows:
– Regional Aircraft Manufacturer of the Year: Bombardier
– Aircraft Manufacturer of the Year: Boeing
– Engine Manufacturer of the Year: CFM
– Ground Handler of the Year: dnata
– IT Company of the Year: Accelya
– MRO Company of the Year: Lufthansa Technik
– Airline Alliance of the Year: oneworld
– Airport of the Year under 10 Million Passengers: London City Airport
– Airport of the Year 10-30 Million Passengers: Doha International Airport
– Airport of the Year: Dubai International Airport
– Cargo Airline of the Year: Emirates SkyCargo
– Regional Airline of the Year: Aegean Airlines
– Low Cost Airline of the Year: Norwegian
– Airline of the Year: Qatar Airways
– George Iatrou Lifetime Achievement Award: Mike Ambrose, ex Director General, ERA
– Woman of the Year: Ioanna Papadopoulou, Director Marketing and Communications, Athens International Airport and ex CEO, Olympic Airways Services
– Leader of the Year: Dr Temel Kotil, CEO, Turkish Airlines