Air France recently unveiled its brand new “cocoon-like” seats to be featured in the airline’s business class cabin. The new seats are curved to enclose passengers and offer more privacy.
In total, 2,102 seats will be installed between June 2014 and summer 2016 on 44 Boeing 777, the core of Air France’s long-haul fleet.
The new business class seats come fitted with 16-inch (41cm) in-flight entertainment screens, with a tablet-style interface. The IFE system will offer more than 1,000 hours of movie, TV and music content in 12 languages, including French, English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic. Passengers will also be offered personal electrical sockets and USB ports, along with new noise-reduction headphones.
– A seat that converts into a completely flat bed for maximum comfort;
– Direct aisle access for every passenger;
– An enveloping structure of curves, providing a feeling of privacy;
– A seat that features all of the latest technology: a wide high definition touch screen, a touch
screen handset, electrical outlet, USB port and new noise-reduction headphones;
– A padded headboard, an Air France signature feature;
– An adjustable soft leather headrest;
– Space and multiple storage areas close at hand;
– A delicate-to-the-touch duvet, a XXL feather down pillow;
– High quality, down to the finishing: leather, choice fabrics, stitching