Judges For Greek Tourism Awards 2014 Announced
The final names that will form the judging committee that will decide on who will be rewarded this year at the new Tourism Awards for excellence in hospitality and travel in Greece, have been announced by organizers Boussias Communications and Hotel & Restaurant magazine.
Business Consultant Nikos Skoulas, Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris, University of Bournemouth Professor Dimitris Buhalis; and Journalist Maya Tsokli are the final names that were added to the judging committee.
The finalized Tourism Awards 2014 judging committee is the following:
• Τheodore S. Benetatos, Head of Graduate Programs for Hotel & Tourism Management, IMI University Center, Switzerland
• Dr. Dimitrios Buhalis, Strategic Management and Marketing expert with specialization in Technology and Tourism, Bournemouth University, UK
• Dr. Dimitrios Diamantis, MBA Director, Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
• Virginia Karaouza, Service Quality Consultant, Service Excellence, Guest Experience in the Tourism Industry, MBA Tourism Management, University of Piraeus
• Miltos Karoubas, Executive Chef, Chef’s Club President
• Maria Lekakou, Associate Professor, Department of Shipping and Business Services, University of the Aegean
• Kostas Mantzios, Economist, MBA, Director General of the Hellenic Institute of Hospitality Professionals’ Accreditation
• Maria Maraka, Architect, Director of Development, Greek National Tourism Organization
• Yiannis Boutaris, Thessaloniki Mayor
• Nikos Skoulas, Management Consultant, Business Writer, President of the committee
• Konstantinos Stefanakidis, Director, Organization of Tourism Education and Training (OTEK) in Anavyssos
• Maya Tsokli, Journalist
• Dr . Panagiotis Chatzipanos, Civil Engineer, President, American Society of Civil Engineers-Hellenic Section, General Secretary, Project Management Institute – Greece
The Tourism Awards are coming to reward leading practices and the most innovative initiatives launched by Greek tourism enterprises and institutions. The judging committee will evaluate projects and practices that are known throughout the industry for their excellence, innovation, quality, return on investment and strategic importance.
The deadline for submitting nominations is 25 February and the awards ceremony will take place in April 2014.
Press here for participation terms and award categories.
The Tourism Awards 2014 will be held under the auspices of the Greek National Tourism Organization.
GTP is the communication sponsor of the event.