Amadeus is once again on top of its sector’s ranking as one of the leading European companies in Research & Development investment, as confirmed by the 2013 EU Industrial R&D Investment Scorecard.
Amadeus invested 440.3 million euros for Research and Development in 2012, a 26.7 percent increase versus 2011, which represented 15.1 percent of the company’s total revenues.
According to a press release, this level of investment positions Amadeus as the leader of both the European and the Global rankings in the travel and tourism industry category.
– Extremely high performance transaction processing under stringent system availability and dependability requirements;
– Information mining from very large data-bases;
– Super-responsive travel search engines;
– Multi-channel customer servicing applications (agent desktop, web, kiosk, mobile, tablets);
– Pioneering the use of open systems.
Amadeus is the only IT travel industry company included in the global 2,000 companies ranking published by the European Commission.