Greek travel agents were informed last week on the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) New Distribution Capability (NDC). The NDC provides a new and innovative approach to the way airlines’ products and services are being distributed.
The presentation was carried out by a representative from IATA at the offices of the Hellenic Association of Travel & Tourist Agencies (HATTA) in Athens.
According to IATA, the NDC will enable airlines to fill the capability gap between their direct and indirect channels, providing identical retail capabilities across all channels. It supports product differentiation and customer personalization.
Benefits of the NDC
- Increased transparency of what they are buying
- Greater access to airlines’ product and services
- Ability to compare airline offerings across many dimensions – not just price
- Recognition by airlines and personalized products offers
- Capability to sell all products through all channels
- Leverage the investments made for their direct channel and develop retail capabilities for all channels
- Greater ability to recognize and reward customers, provide personalized offers
- Better service for clients – greater consistency in products and services offered across the different channels
- Greater access to airline products (some of which currently are only available on direct channels) potentially leading to new service opportunities
For further information, press here.