Emirates announced a five year sponsorship deal with the Formula One group, according to which the airline will have trackside branding at most of its races.
The announcement was made today, 5 February, at Emirates’ headquarters in Dubai, by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, chairman and chief executive of Emirates Airline & Group and Bernie Ecclestone, chief executive officer of the Formula One group.
The value of the sponsorship deal was not disclosed.
According to the deal, Emirates will have a strong branding presence at 15 races on the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship calendar across Europe, Asia, Australasia, North America and South America.
Starting at the Grand Prix in Malaysia (22-24 March 2013), the distinctive Fly Emirates branding will be seen at historic circuits such as Silverstone in Great Britain, Monza in Italy and Interlagos in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
As part of the Formula 1 Global Partner agreement, branding will be displayed on circuit bridges and associated ground signs and Emirates will make full use of the world-renowned Formula One Paddock Club.
Emirates’ 128 destination network enables motor racing fans to reach virtually all Formula 1 locations for the 2013 season, beginning with Kuala Lumpur 22-24 March through to Sao Paulo 22-24 November.
Emirates-sponsored Formula 1 events in 2013 – connecting fans around the world
2013 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 22-24 March – up to 4 daily services; A380, Boeing 777, Airbus A330-200
- 2013 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 12-14 April – double daily service; A380, 777
- 2013 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA (Catalunya) 10-12 May – daily flight to Barcelona; 777
- FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2013 (Montréal) 7-9 June – via either New York (double daily A380) or Toronto (3 weekly A380 flights)
- 2013 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 28-30 June – via Birmingham (double daily 777, London Heathrow 5 X daily A380s, London Gatwick (triple daily 777) or Manchester (triple daily; 777, A380)
- FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND (Nürburgring) 5-7 July – via Frankfurt (triple daily 777) or Dusseldorf (double daily 777)
- FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2013 (Budapest) 26-28 July – via Vienna (double daily except Tuesday; 777, Airbus 340-500)
- 2013 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 23-25 August – via Dusseldorf (double daily 777)
- FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2013 (Monza) 6-8 September – via Milan (triple daily; 777, Airbus 330-200)
- 2013 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 20-22 September – 4 daily flights; 777, A380
- 2013 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 4-6 October – double daily to Seoul except Wednesday and Friday; A380, 777
- 2013 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 11-13 October – Tokyo Narita International Airport (daily A380), Tokyo Haneda International Airport – daily from 3rd June 2013, 777 aircraft
- 2013 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL INDIAN GRAND PRIX (New Delhi) 25-27 October – up to 6 daily flights to Delhi; 777, A330-200
- 2013 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (Austin) 15-17 November – via Houston (daily 777) or Dallas (daily 777)
- FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2013 (São Paulo) 22-24 November – daily to Sao Paulo; 777