The winners of the award, given by German tourism-oriented website HolidayCheck, were decided based on over 780,000 reviews received in 2012 from 52 countries.
The Greek hotels that received outstanding reviews and recommendations last year and won the HolidayCheck Award 2013 are the following:
• Hotel Horizon Beach Resort on Kos (category “Country’s No. 1”)
• Hotel Corissia Beach on Crete (category “Beach Holiday”)
• Ikaros Beach Resort & Spa on Crete (category “Family Vacation”)
• Hotel Kalithea Horizon Royal on Rhodes (category “Couples Vacation”)
HolidayCheck website contains an extensive database through which travelers can finds over 9 million reviews of other travelers, photos and videos for over 150,000 hotels in 220 countries worldwide.
The winning hotels are divided into 7 categories (Country’s No. 1, Beach Holiday, City Trip, Winter Sport, Spa, Family and Couples). For hotels to qualify, certain requirements must be met:
• At least 40 hotel reviews in 2012 for travels in 2012
• At least a recommendation rate of 90%
• At least 5 suns
• No detectable manipulations
Additionally to the 99 HolidayCheck Award winners, 467 hotels were honored with the HolidayCheck TopHotel award.
The Greek hotels that won the HolidayCheck TopHotel 2013 award are: Hotel Corissia Princess, Hotel Kalithea Mare Palace, Neptune Hotel – Resort, Convention Centre & Spa, Villa Stella Apartments, Hotel Pilot Beach, Hotel Palazzo del Mare, Hotel Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel & Spa, Apollon Xenonas Apparthotel, Hotel Maistrali, Hotel Palladium, Hotel Lindos Princess Beach, Hotel King Minos Palace, Hotel Helena Christina, Hotel Kyllini Beach Resort, Hotel Creta Royal, Hotel Galini Mare, Hotel Cactus Beach, Hotel Cactus Royal, Hotel Kos Palace, lti Grand Hotel Glyfada, Hotel Poseidon Palace, Hotel Marilena and Hotel Arion.