Athens International Airport (AIA) awarded airlines that recorded the highest passenger development in 2009, a very challenging year for the global industry, during the 10th Airline Marketing Workshop held last month.
- Best Performing New Airline Award: Baboo
- Best of the Top 10 Airlines Award: Emirates
- Fastest Growing Airline in a Thin Route Award: Bulgaria Air
- Fastest Growing Airline/Seasonal Routes Award: Air Baltic
- Fastest Growing Airline Award per geographical region (highest percentage passenger growth, 2008-2009): Western Europe: Aegean Airlines, Eastern Europe: LOT Polish Airlines, Middle East: Emirates, America: Delta Airlines, Domestic Region: Aegean Airlines, Africa: Aegean Airlines
- Airline with highest passenger volumes increase at AIA in 2009: Aegean Airlines.