Legislation for Tourism Marketing Firm
Legislation before parliament foresees the creation of a tourism marketing firm, most likely under private management. According to the legislation, 51% of the firm’s capital will be held by the Hellenic Tourism Organization and the remaining 49% will be split among regional authorities and tourism profession associations.
And according to the legislation, the 49% of the firm that remains outside Hellenic Tourism Organization hands must include a minimum 35% holding by tourism profession associations, such as the Hotel Chamber of Greece, the Hellenic Association of Travel & Tourism Agents, the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises, etc.
The aforementioned was to be a separate piece of legislation but to ensure it was passed prior to the closure of parliament before this month’s elections, it was added to the new spa legislation.