Philoxenia 2003 greeting.
Tourism is now the most dynamic sector of our economy contributing most to our gross national product. For the New Democracy Party tourism is our first-choice priority and the basic directions for its develop include:
- Creation a tourism ministry with specific authority: A body to design and formulate policy and one that would organize and coordinate many split competencies; and create a long-term strategy of sustainable tourism development by improving benefits and protecting the environment and the quality of life at tourism destinations.
- Carving out of a common tourism policy on a long-term basis and with the cooperation of all sectors: Quantity and quality aims must be within a time span of at least a decade.
- Developing and organizing special forms of tourism: Our aim is to have tourism 12 months of the year.
- Organizing an effective promotional program through a body made up from the private and public sector that would plan and materialize, with a specific aim, such a program.
- Improving and accelerating general and special infrastructure; a basic condition for the quality upgrading and strengthening of the competitiveness of our tourism product.
- Creating a complete development law that would entice investment: Parallel, cut bureaucratic red tape and create a stable tax system for foreign investors.
- Educating and properly utilizing the work force through the creation of a tourism educational system at all levels and one connected with the tourism industry. As well, we must create specialties that can be coordinated with special forms of tourism.