Travelport is a travel technology leader and is redefining travel commerce. They impact the daily lifestyles of people and organisations globally enabling the world to search, share, buy and sell travel!
Travelport is looking to add a Solutions Consultant to its business based out of Athens, Greece.
As a Solutions Consultant, you will help generate new revenue streams for the region through consultancy and solutions innovation and be responsible for technical consultancy across Greece, Israel and Cyprus. You will be working closely with relevant commercial teams to assist in new business wins and in retaining and growing existing business whilst actively executing the “EMEA” vision.
You will be key to providing hands-on consultancy to customers and lead presentations for our APIs – providing recommendations on workflow and other best practices; looking at business workflow analysis and optimization and making recommendations on bespoke development or other solutions that help improve customer workflow.
As you will liaise with many areas of the company particularly Sales, Customer Solutions, Product Management, Technical, Project Management and Operations; you will not only need to strategic and commercially aware to initiate, drive and own the consultancy process, but also be the technical subject matter expert sharing your knowledge and expertise with others in the region. This combined will enable you to provide the right guidance and consultancy (including workshops to internal and external users) during the roll-out of Travelport Smartpoint or other important key Products for example; plus, be a contributor to the evaluation of third party solutions for integration to Travelports technical portfolio.
- Experience in a Consultancy style capacity such as a Solutions Consultant, Pre-Sales Consultant or Solutions Architect for example
- Travel industry experience, preferably working for/with travel agencies
- Excellent command of verbal and written English and Greek (desirable)
- Good functional experience of the Travel Industry and Agency Operations: Booking, Quote, Fares, Ticketing, Exchanges
- Working knowledge of one or more GDS’s, with working experience of Worldspan required. Any additional knowledge of Galileo would be a bonus
- Exceptional Self-management skills, with the ability to work autonomously
- Technical minded, with functional experience (modern programming languages is a strong benefit), but generally a ranging knowledge from a technology perspective
- Ability to understand and explain web services (and XML) as well as being able to communicate with developers and technical personnel; internally and externally
- The Solution Consultant must have a good understanding of the external environment of the travel industry generally from a technology perspective and a sound knowledge of the Travelport business in the region
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with different levels in an organisation, from developers and travel agents to C-level executives
- Effective presenter with a strong feel for the format needed for a specific audience
- Understanding of database structures
- Able to think strategically and challenge current technical thinking
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude; with the ability to multitask and prioritize within a continuously changing environment
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organisation and where appropriate, manage stakeholders across different cultures
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Able to demonstrate actionable measures through areas such as customer wins/retentions, client satisfaction and sales team support
- Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Able to travel with frequency within the region as required
This role is exciting and challenging, requiring the individual to work within a complex and continuously changing environment with multiple priorities; but very rewarding.
The company offers:
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to join an award winning, dynamic travel industry commerce leader
All interested candidates should apply here.