Athens transport services will be disrupted as of Tuesday, November 15, until Friday, November 25, as workers of the Athens metro, the ISAP electric railway and the tram have announced rolling work stoppages.
Workers are protesting the government’s plan to merge the services of the Urban Rail Transport Authority (STASY) that manages all fixed rail modes of transport in Athens and OSY, the public company responsible for the operation of buses and trolleys in Athens, under the umbrella of the Athens Urban Transport Organization (OASA).
The workers claim that the plan will lead to “the creation of a counterproductive giant group”.
Services will be disrupted as follows:
– Tuesday, November 15: From beginning of shift until 10 am
– Friday, November 18: From 12 noon to 4 pm
– Monday, November 21: From beginning of shift until 10 am
– Wednesday, November 23: From 12 noon to 4 pm
– Friday, November 25: From beginning of shift until 10 am.