A “Think Forum” addressed to conference and tourism professionals will take place in Athens on Thursday, under the organization of the Hellenic Association of Professional Congress Organizers (HAPCO) and with the participation of the European Federation of Associations of Professional Congress Organizers (EFAPCO).
The HAPCO/EFAPCO Think FORUM will take place March 12-13 at the King George hotel and the event program will comprise various sessions and workshops that will focus on the latest developments in the global MICE (Meetings – Incentives – Congresses – Events) market. Main speakers will include congress tourism professionals from the Greek market, representatives of the political leadership and PCO’s from abroad.
The event will coincide with EFAPCO’s 2015 General Assembly in the Greek capital and its 10th anniversary. “It is appropriate that EFAPCO will be celebrating its 10th anniversary in Athens, the city where the Federation was launched,” EFAPCO said in an announcement.
EFAPCO represents more than 1,500 meetings professionals, companies and institutions in 12 countries.
Think Forum program
– Medical Events in Greece: The hand-in-hand strategy or individual paths?
– Technology trends at the service of the Meetings & Events Industry
– The Greek Meetings Industry: With a view into the future
– Positioning Greece in the global Meetings Industry
EFAPCO’s March 13 program will comprise a series of sessions covering:
– The Institute of Event Management. The UK Model in a European Landscape
– EFAPCO’s Education Research Program: Economic Impact and Employment Development of the European Meetings Sector
– Lobbying Europe – analysis of EFAPCO’s progress in securing greater professional, economic, scientific, medical, cultural and social recognition for the Events Management sector
– Transparency in the Medical Meetings sector. Best practices in implementing the EFPIA Transparency Code.
GTP is a media sponsor of the event.