The Aigialos Traditional Settlement in Fira, Santorini, Greece, won the title of the “Most Romantic Historic Hotel of Europe” in the best historic hotels of Europe awards list for 2014.
The Best Historic Hotels of Europe winners for 2014 were voted online by the public of Europe for a range of categories.
Best Historic Hotels of Europe for 2014
- Best City Historic Hotel of Europe: Amsterdam American Hotel, Netherlands
- Best Countryside Historic Hotel of Europe: Bjertorp Castle, Sweden
- Best Historic Hotel of Europe by the Water: Kviknes Hotel, Norway
- Best Historic Hotel of Europe with “A Story to Tell”: Badrutt’s Palace Hotel, Switzerland
- Best Historic Hotel of Europe with a Mountain View: Hotel Orso Grigio, Italy
- Best Historic Hotels of Europe Castle Award: Barberstown Castle, Ireland
- Historic Hotels of Europe Best Restaurant Award: Skovshoved Hotel, Denmark
- Historic Hotels of Europe Customer Care Award: Burg Oberranna, Austria
- Most Romantic Historic Hotel of Europe: Aigialos Traditional Settlement, Greece
- Historic Hotels of Europe Best Spa Award: La Contessa Castle Hotel, Hungary
The Historic Hotels of Europe was created to promote global awareness for the finest historic hotels in Europe. The member hotels represent their countries cultural traditions, history, heritage and architecture.
The convivial hosts of these unique properties are passionate about superb hospitality, comfort and the excellent food that make their hotels a place apart.
There are over 500 member properties included in the Historic Hotels of Europe, making it one of the largest and most interesting European hotel organisations.